BMSS “Come Back Meet” on Sunday 26th September 2021
Unfortunately we have some rejected entries for the gala – please read!
Communications from the Organisers – please read!
Dear Swimmers, Coaches & Parents,
Thank you for entering our Comeback Meet and supporting Bolton Metro Swimming Squad. We appreciate your patience and apologise for the delay in confirming entries to the gala; this was due to technical difficulties with the sports system files and communcations with the pool to ensure that the event runs smoothly.
We have been unable to allow CAT 1 members to compete at the event due to the volume of swimmers that have entered. We have also been unable to process any swimmers who have no times, again apologies for this. If this affects you and you have paid please let us know and we will fix this immediately.
We appreciate that some of you will be disappointed at not being accepted into all races entered, or being able to compete; this is due to the number of entrants that we have received for this gala, which has exceeded our expectations. Due to the huge amount of entries we have decided not to go ahead with the relays to give the opportunity for more swimmers to compete.
We run a BMSS Rising Stars Gala for Category 1 entrants and are hoping to host this soon for our future swimming stars.
In line with the risk assessment for this event a decision has been made to NOT allow spectators into the event. We are incredibly disappointed about this, but we know that the safety of the swimmers and the volunteers has to be the main priority and we appreciate your understanding. We are also having to limit coaches/poolside passes, more information regarding this will be sent to you soon.
We are looking to the future and are hoping to host another gala soon, where we will hopefully be able to welcome spectators.
Important information for the day:
- Dry shoes must be worn when not on poolside – some competitors will be on the balcony at the event and we must ensure their safety.
- It is advised that a face covering is worn when your swimmer goes to marshalling for their events.
- Bolton is running a half Ironman on the same day as the gala, roads around the town will be closed for parts of the day. We advise that you check your route to the pool for any diversions/road closures and allow some extra time for travelling.
- The links detail the closures on the day more information is available on the Ironman website:
- Parking is not available at the Jason Kenny Centre we advise that you park on the NCP Car Park on Deane Road, which is a short walk to the pool.
- We are very much looking forward to seeing you back in the pool and wish you the best of luck at the Bolton Metro Comeback Meet.
To be held at;- The Jason Kenny Centre, Bolton One, Moor Lane, Bolton, BL3 5BN