Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st November 2021
BLACKPOOL LIGHTS 2021
The meet will be “busy,” but we are issuing guidelines for the running of the competition with regards to covid. Spectators are allowed at the meet, however, to avoid overcrowding we are requesting that this is limited to 1 spectator per swimmer.
We would request that everyone attending takes a lateral flow test 2 days before the meet. If anyone is not feeling well or tests positive they should not attend.
• To prevent overcrowding clubs with more than 20 entered swimmers will be allocated an area in the sports hall. Those with fewer than 20 entered swimmers will be allocated a space on the poolside. All swimmers regardless of location must be supervised.
• Swimmers will be marshalled in the sports hall. Swimmers must wear appropriate footwear when leaving the poolside.
• No swimmers in the spectator gallery and no spectators in the sports hall.
• There will be a one – way system on poolside during competition. Swimmers enter the poolside through the changing village, past the learner pool and will line up on the window side of the pool hall accompanied by their heat marshall. Once they have exited the pool they will return to their designated area by the spectator side of the pool.
• Out of consideration for other athletes please ensure that the appropriate withdrawals are made either on the official form, available in the coaches room, no later than 45 minutes before the start of the session, or by text from Thursday
18 November to mobile number 07951 652410.
• Results will be posted in the sports hall and spectator gallery.
• Medals and speeding tickets can be collected by the swimmers from the table situated in the sports hall.
• Admission is by wristband – £5 per day, £3 per session.
• Weekend programmes £3.
• There will be a raffle each session and a “guess the spirit game”.
• Light refreshments will be available throughout the weekend from the centre café in the reception area.
• No photography is allowed in the centre. (centre policy)
Thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to seeing you.
Warm up times
Saturday 20 November –
8.15 – 8.30am 12/Over Boys
8.30 – 8.45am 9 and 10 Girls
8.45 – 9.00am 11 and 12 Girls
9.00 – 9.15am 13/Over Girls
Saturday 20 November
1.30 – 1.45pm 9 and 10 Girls
1.45 – 2.00pm 11 and 12 Girls
2.00 – 2.15pm 13/Over Girls
2.15 – 2.30pm 9, 10 and 11 Boys
2.30 – 2.45pm 12/Over Boys
Sunday 21 November
8.00 – 8.15am 9 and 10 Girls
8.15 – 8.30am 11 and 12 Girls
8.30 – 8.45am 13/Over Girls
8.45 – 9.00am 9, 10 and 11 Boys
9.00 – 9.15am 12/Over Boys
Sunday 21 November
1.15 – 1.30pm 9, 10 and 11 Boys
1.30 – 1.45pm 12/Over Boys
1.45 – 2.00pm 9 and 10 Girls
2.00 – 2.15pm 11 and 12 Girls
2.15 – 2.30pm 13/Over Girls
and instruction of their swimmers during all designated warm ups.
To be held at Palatine Leisure Centre, St Annes Road, Blackpool, FY4 2AP